Sunday, April 28, 2013

How this class has affected me as a filmmaker.

This class has affected how I learn in a myriad of ways. I'm not used to learning just by going out and doing it with only little guidance to get me started. I appreciated that type of teaching, even if it would make me feel a little inadequate at points because some of my peers have had more training and practice with filmmaking and what the assignments wanted entailed. I have known that making films is a tiring and strenuous effort and this class has given me a better perspective on how much filmakers go through and not just the director, editor, cinematographer, but also the gaffer, the sound recordist, and the producer go through with organizing, which I have realized is not really my speciality. Also the limitations are off putting at times since we dream of making fantastic movies, but we can't afford to do it, nor have the resources to get the perfect vision. It is also invigorating to work with so many people that share the same passions. I've learned that I still have a long way to go with film making and that theres always room for improvement. And I have found that I am better with film history than film production, and I want to improve more in film production and take more film production classes to compensate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment